Anna's February Favourites

As many of you will already have noticed, the end of February has come and all of a sudden there has been a rush of 'February Favourites' both on Youtube and in the blogging world. So, I thought why not jump on the band wagon and let you into some of my favourites from the past month.

Makeup


My first favourite has been the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. This is a recent purchase due to the constant '3 for 2' and 'Buy one get the second half price' offers in Boots! I love this product because it is so easy to wear; the colour isn't too strong and it glides on so easily with no drying at all. The smells is "minty fresh" and I love that you can just twist up the product (so no need for ridiculously large sharpeners). I chose the colour honey because is a fab everyday colour and is kind of 'your lips but better'. I hope to get more of these soon but for now I am loving this!


I am forever changing which blush is my favourite (from my somewhat small collection) and recently I have just loved the deep pink of this MUA blush in Shade 2. Surprisingly, for the price, the colour pay off is excellent and you really don't need a lot on your brush when using this. And, for £1 at Superdrug, I really don't think you can go wrong with this product! There is the tiniest bit of shimmer but nothing noticeable (which I like) and I just think it is overall a great product.

My next favourite is one which I have been using for quite a while (as you can probably tell from the photo) and it's the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I forgot I had this for quite a while, but when Youtuber and Blogger Tanya Burr began to rave about this, I digged it out and am loving it. Mine is 003 Peach Glow, but the colour is not strong; it just gives a lovely matte finish to the skin and I am a big fan.

Brand


My favourite brand this month has been Soap and Glory. From the packaging to the smell, Soap and Glory really come up trumps. In particular, I have been loving the Breakfast Scrub. Not only does is have a smell from heaven (maple syrup-like), but it is doing a lovely job of helping my bumpy arms (I think it iKeratosis Pilaris) to become smoother. Overall I give the whole brand a thumbs up!


Bits and Bobs


After Zoella recommended using baby cotton pads for removing makeup (in comparison to normal cosmetic pads), I was straight to the baby section in Superdrug. They are just a bigger version of the regular pads but for a cheaper price (not to mention the cute bear pattern)!


Olivia and I bought some velvet scrunchies and I have been really enjoying using them with my donut. I have shortish hair (and not much of it) so I find that using a big hairband holds it in at the same time as disguising what is going on underneath. My red and black scrunchies are from Boots, but for a much cheaper alternative you can find the green and blue from Wilkinsons (£1 for 4!). 


I, along with so many other girls, dread the thought of doing my nails due to the drying process. If I smudge one nail, I end up purposely stabbing all of them in rage. So, I decided to buy the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat. Instead of buying it from Boots or Superdrug, I found it on Ebay for about half the price! It has been a life-saver; dries my nails in under a minute and makes them look lovely and polished (if you'll pardon the pun).


I never really got into scarves before I received this one from Topshop as a Christmas present. I really love how it can transform a boring outfit with colour and texture, it's really really soft too. I don't think you can buy this anymore, but you can always find a nice scarf without looking too far.


My final favourite from February (alliteration) is the Zara Rose Eau de Toilette. This little bottle is so handy for carrying in my blazer pocket or handbag, and I love the smell as well (obviously). I can't describe scents well but just go to Zara and give their perfumes a sniff; they are lovely and really affordable too!

So they are my favourites for February, I hope you enjoyed reading this post and please feel free to leave a comment telling us your favourites (or anything else). Alternatively, please contact us and we will happily respond :)

Anna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

chipped-tips. Powered by Blogger.

© chipped-tips , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena