Olivia's Top 5 Lip Products!

Hello there guys, my absolute obsession recently has been lip products and I just can't seem to stop buying them! So I thought I would share with you my current top 5. I have so many favourites, so I found it a challenge to narrow my collection down but I've finally managed it. 

So even though there are many, many more that I love, here are my top 5 lip products..







Let's start with a relatively new purchase, the MAC Please Me lipstick, it is a matte finished, muted rose/pastel pink shade and I am in love! 


This was, in fact, my first ever MAC lipstick and I saw in a review somewhere that said this would be a good colour for first time MAC lipstick buyers and that was completely true, this is the perfect, subtle pink colour for everyday wear as it is a more natural and 'nudey' pink. It is super pigmented and goes onto my lips so smoothly. I also think this is a very feminine and girly colour which I can't get enough of! The one and only downside to this lipstick is, because of the matte formulation, it can leave my lips some what dry, especially in the freezing cold weather but I think in the summer this will be my absolute go-to lipstick.


Second, is another MAC lipstick and it's the MAC Ramblin' Rose, which is a 'frost', neutral/browny/pinky/peachy colour with gold shimmer to it.


I have been looking for a more neutral/orangey lipstick, unlike all my other lipsticks that are mostly pink and red tones and so when I came across this lipstick I immediately new I was going to buy it and love it..and I was right. I love this lipstick as it is has good pigmentation and you can still see the subtle gold shimmer once you have applied it onto your lips. Also, as I suffer from dry and chapped lips most of the time, I find this lipstick moisturises my lips almost as well as some of my lip balms. I have a feeling this lipstick is going to be used up, right down to the nub and repurchased!!


My next product is the last of the lipsticks in this post and it is the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 01, which is the deep red colour.


I bought this lipstick a while ago and have loved it ever since I bought it. I would say that it is a matte lipstick but with a slight sheen to it. I love the fact that even though it is a matte formulation, it is creamy and doesn't dry out my lips. I'm not brave enough to make this one of my day-to-day lipsticks, although I think on certain occasions it makes me feel more glamorous and sophisticated. And for almost half the price, I do think this lipstick matches up to the quality MAC, brilliant value?!


Next is the raved about, Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial - a mauvey pink colour that has a satiny finish but dries slightly matte.


I've never really gotten into lip glosses until recently when I bought this one from boots and I love it and hopefully will be buying a few of the other shades in this collection. You wouldn't think so from looking at the tube but it has a hint of purple in it and I love that as I have been trying not to just stick with pink lips all the time. I do find myself having to re-apply it a few times throughout the day, otherwise my lips become a little dry but other than that I can't fault this product.


Finally, this is more of a lip-care product but it still makes my top 5 lip products - the Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub in vanilla and chocolate.


Unfortunately, since I bought this product over a year ago, they don't sell the exact same flavour any more, although they do sell the same product just in different flavours; Popcorn, Bubblegum and Mint Julip. This scrub is amazing at getting rid of gross, dry excess skin on my lips and I usually apply a lip balm straight after using it and it makes my lips soft and smooth almost straight away after the very first use! I usually get most use out of this product during the winter as that is when my lips are the most chapped and dry. An added bonus to this product is the fact that it is made of sugar, so that means it tastes delicious.

Here are some swatches for you but do suggest that, if you can, go out and swatch them yourself before purchasing them:

(Top picture- Top to Bottom: Rimmel Apocolips Celestial, Rimmel Lasting Finish 01, MAC Please Me, MAC Ramblin' Rose)
(Bottom picture- Left to Right: Rimmel Lasting Finish 01, MAC Ramblin' Rose, MAC Please Me)

Hope you liked this post and I highly recommend all these products to you all. If you enjoyed this post then let me know by commenting or contacting Anna or I, and I will do similar posts or whatever you fancy. 
Thanks for reading, see you soon :)

Olivia xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment

chipped-tips. Powered by Blogger.

© chipped-tips , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena