Anna's Empties #1

Hello! Today I am going to show you a few empty products which I have accumulated over the last few months. There aren't too many, but I decided that sooner or later I needed to get rid of the packaging! So here we go..




The first few things are some body butters. At the top is The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter, and below an Almond and a Mango Boots Extracts body butter. These are all only small 50ml tubs, so I get through them pretty quickly. I would definitely say that these products are comparable; they all smell lovely, are really thick and leave your skin feeling very soft. Considering the price, the Boots ones probably have the upper hand. It is £2.50 more per 100ml at The Body Shop and for me, I would lean towards the cheaper option. However, in The Body Shop they have a wider variety of scents and they are a classic!


The next product is something which I was very sad to use up and it's Soap and Glory's Breakfast Scrub. Not only does it smell delicious (I was tempted to taste it), it actually does exfoliate really, really well. As I mentioned in a previous favourites post, I have bumpy upper arms and this along with the body butters above have helped with that alot. I certainly want to repurchase this product, and will as soon as I finish some other scrubs I already have.


This travel size TRESemme Heat Defence spray was well-loved too. Lots of people really like this product and I am one of them. It comes out in a fine mist and it smells lovely too, which is always a plus. I think this is just a staple product and I will repurchase the regular size when I need it!


Next are the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Nose Strips. I am a sucker for things like this; you can see immediate results. However, I wasn't most impressed with these specific strips. I found that a lot of my clogged pores weren't cleared after using this, and they didn't stick very well in places. I do want to try other brands of nose strips though, and hopefully they will be more successful.


This is quite a boring one but I thought I'd show it anyway. I finished the Sally Hansen Moisturising Polish Remover for dry, brittle nails. There isn't really much to say about this other than that it did the job well. It is also affordable which is a must for me when it comes to buying basics. I wouldn't necessarily say it was moisturising, but then again I didn't pay much attention to that aspect.



Mascara is generally the makeup product which gets used up quickest. I finished the Mac Boldblack Lash mascara quite a while ago and am saving the packaging for Back to Mac. My sister bought this for me as a present, and was told that this was the most defining of the MAC mascaras. I would agree in saying that is gives a lot of definition which I really liked. It also gives nice length, but not a lot of volume. Overall I did really like this mascara and am glad I got the chance to try it, but I wouldn't rush out and buy it when there are cheaper alternatives in Boots or Superdrug.



This mascara is the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes in Waterproof. Although I used this until it dried out, I don't think that I would repurchase it. Firstly, the fact that I bought the waterproof version was a mistake because I have realised how hard it is to remove. Also the mascara itself just didn't really do it for me, and at £10.99 I just don't think it is worth it. Saying that, it wasn't the worst mascara in the world, just not the best.


As you can tell this blush from Elf has been used loads. The colour is Tickled Pink; a sheer, peachy pink with a slight sheen. This was actually passed on to my sister, but before that I had used quite a bit. I think that this is really nice everyday colour to wear and for only £3.75 it is a bargain. The colour can be layered for a stronger look if that's what you want. I also like the packaging (suspiciously similar to Nars); it is durable and practical as it has a little mirror. I would recommend this blush if you are making an order on Elf!:)



The final product is one of my favourites, the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. Mine is in the colour Peach Glow, but the colour doesn't show a lot on the skin. As you can see from the picture, I have a little bit of this left but I thought it could be included anyway. I have already bought another of these (this time in Transparent) so I am ready for when this one is completely out. I just find that it makes your skin matte for a long time, and doesn't make you look cakey at all. Also, it is really cheap so definitely worth a try!

So that's everything that I've finished recently and what I thought about them. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and it maybe gave you some help in buying or not buying specific items. If you like this kind of post please let us know by commenting or contacting us; we'd love to hear from you!
Anna xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

chipped-tips. Powered by Blogger.

© chipped-tips , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena